April 19, 2007

Overreaction


So, we had an exciting night here at the Brewer house. Dave and I were out on a date when we got a call from my Dad saying that we should come home because Alethea cut her hand. I asked what happened and he proceeded to tell me that her and Mikaela were performing Godspell and she lost her balance and put her hand through a window. So, we ended our date and went home. When we got home I looked at her cut. It appeared very small, but had a werid little bump. It was difficult to tell if it was just her hand or a small piece of glass. We called our good friend and he said it would better be safe than sorry. So off we went to Montgomery General Hospital. Which by the way has it's own pediatric emergency room. The whole time I'm thinking I really don't want there to be glass in her hand, but I don't want to look dumb either. Well, the doctor proceeded to tell us that it was a very superficial cut and that there was no chance of glass. In fact, it hardly even needs a bandaid. Did I mention she said very superficial. She must have said it three times! Of course, I felt totally silly. And what is Dave's reaction...he's excited to be able to make fun of me for a very long time!!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Don't let him tease you too badly - it's better to be safe than sorry!! =) (But, I do have to admit, it is funny!)

Anonymous said...

We should get together more often, maybe the two of us would balance each other out! I let my kid hop around on a broken leg for 3 days!:)
Helen

Briana Almengor said...

ER visits are never fun, esp. when they prove to be unecessary. Glad she's alright.

Anonymous said...

dave told me and christy the story this morning, and i have to say, i was laughing pretty hard =) but, i totally would have done the same thing!