June 3, 2007

Strawberry Picking






Last Wednesday we went strawberry picking as a family. Jenny, Dave's sister, who was in town from California joined us. It was hot, but when you have three kids and three adults picking, it actually doesn't take too long. We picked a whole flat, and have been enjoying them immensely. We made pancakes and topped them with strawberries the very first night. We have made chocolate dipped strawberries, strawberry shortcake, and homemade strawberry ice cream. In fact, the whole flat is already gone! We're trying to figure out when we can go back for more!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like fun! I miss picking fruit. I haven't seen any places to do that around here.

Anonymous said...

Did you make me anything????

Anonymous said...

I love strawberries on my pancakes...just had some at the Hershey Pantry on Saturday AM. Should have been chocolate, right. Loved hearing about our fam. Emily has your blog on her laptop favs, so during our "down" time here at HMC you may be hearing from me. Gretchen