October 31, 2007

Daddy works at Starbucks

First, the backdrop to this story is that Dave often does work preparing messages or planning at Starbucks. So, this morning as he was leaving Mikaela asked where he was going. He told her he was going to work. She responded by saying, "at Starbucks?". He said no to the church, and off he went. I was curious by her response, and figured she was still half asleep. So I asked her a few more questions. I said Mikaela, "Do you think Daddy really works at Starbucks?" She said yes. At this point, I'm still thinking she knows he goes there to work on his computer. So then I ask her a question to be silly, totally not expecting her response. I ask her if she thinks Daddy serves coffee at Starbucks. To my surprise she says "yes". All this time when she heard Daddy's going to go do work at Starbucks, she really thought working there. How funny! The mind of a kid is so literal!

No comments: