April 4, 2008

A Fun Day at the Hospital

I know those two things don't really go together, but today was actually an enjoyable day. Long, but enjoyable. My good friend Jerusha got a babysitter for her kids and joined me at Hopkins for most of the day. She brought a new toy and video for Sarah, was able to get us some decent lunch, and just sat and talked with me for hours. The day just didn't seem as long with someone else to talk to besides Sarah and the nurses. Thanks for being with me today Jerusha!!

Sarah did well again today. Unfortunately, because they need to check her vital signs for the first few hours every fifteen minutes, she was not able to go to sleep until she just couldn't fight it any longer, which was very late in the day. Needless to say, it was rough for a while. I feel so bad for her because I know how tired she is, but it's not the most condusive napping environment. Of course, I think she is amazing. Even with how tired and cranky she gets, she definitely charms the nurses that care for her. We also found out today, that her counts have not dropped from the drugs. I'm still learning what all that means, but what I do know is that we are not having to be crazy careful with who she is around. So, if you see us at church, it's okay, we got permission.

Here's a picture of us at the end of our day together.

5 comments:

Jean said...

Thank you, Jerusha for being with them. I know Jen was looking forward to spending Friday with you!

(my turn! my turn!)

Briana Almengor said...

Sweet girl.
It is a blessing to have a friend with you on those days. God is so kind to provide so much support. What a testimony to His kindness that Sarah's body is holding up so well. We will continue to pray for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jerusha, Jen and Sarah. You made it through another day of treatment....gretchen

The Murphys said...

Oh look at that adorable face! We are so happy that her counts have been unaffected so far. We will keep praying!
~Kelley

Georgia said...

You guys look great and what a wonderful friend to come and share the day with you! I'm so glad Sarah is still fighting and seems to be doing well! We continue to pray! - Georgia, Mason and Ellie