April 22, 2008

It happened!


The tooth finally fell out. When I say fell out, I mean that literally. For as much as we tugged and pulled on that tooth, it's kind of funny how it actually came out. Dave and the kids were playing nerf guns in the house yesterday. Alethea went to hide behind a chair, all of a sudden she stopped in her tracks and said, "Did my tooth fall out?" Sure enough it had fallen out while playing the game. We were able to find the tooth on the floor and of course I put it in a bag to save. She then had to make a bunch of phone calls to tell people her big news. We think she looks so much older. I can't believe I have a little girl who already lost a tooth. Isn't she cute!


Quick update from today. Sarah had chemo today, and so far she is doing well. Doesn't seem to be affected yet. I had company again at the hospital today. Janelle came and played with us for most of the day. She was amazing. Sarah's game of choice for the day was throwing everything on the floor. She had Janelle picking things up off the floor for hours. Janelle, thanks for sacrificing your day, for buying lunch and candy, and for bringing a backpack full of new toys for Sarah to play with. I loved having you with us!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy for Alethea!! I could tell she was SO ready for that tooth to come out. She looks happy! We're also rejoicing over how well Sarah is doing. God is truly loving and gracious. She looks GREAT and is so sweet. Praying for you...

Lisa @ Eat.Pray.Run. said...

Still thinking of you all daily and keeping you in our prayers. Congratulations Alethea! My, how time does fly...And so glad to see how blessed you are with friends and family close by who have been so supportive through everything you're going through. Living in Missouri doesn't make us too available for that kind of thing, but I've made and delivered you all dinner in my mind on more than a few occasions ( : Glad to hear all the news you share!

Anonymous said...

oh the angels that keep you company during chemo,. that pic looks all too familiar...glad she is tolerating it so well. those oncology offices are so sad...thinking of you always. gretchen