September 2, 2008

First day of school

Well, we made it through our first day of school. Only a few tears (all from me of course). I have to say, I love uniforms. No deciding what to wear other than what color socks and shoes to wear! I also think they look too cute!! Of course I had to take pictures before we left for school. Dave finally had to tell me to stop or we were going to be late.


Alethea- 1st grade

Mikaela- Kindergarden

Everything this morning was so typical of their little personalities.
Alethea woke up at "6:42"...she literally said "I woke up at six forty two"
Mikaela overslept and we had to wake her up. Even then, we had to literally drag her out of bed to the point where Caleb yelled while pushing on her, "Mikaela won't get out of bed Dad!"
Alethea was nervous the whole morning, questioning everything.
Mikaela didn't really care...to her, this school thing is no big deal.
When dropping them off, Mikaela went right into class and yelled over her shoulder "bye mom!"
Alethea needed a hug from mom and wouldn't let go of me...and then wanted another 10 hugs. She didn't want me to leave, but then she sheepishly went into class.

Its so funny to watch their personalities to come out. Tomorrow is school day #2!

5 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

They are adorable! I know I will be crying, too, when it's the boys turn to go to school next year. I was dreaming about it today knowing it is the first day at Chesapeake and in a blink, I will be dropping off my little guys snapping pictures and balling my eyes out. How did we get this old,Jen? :)

Jean said...

Oh my! They are the cutest girlies ever! I'm so proud of them - and you Jen. Only a few tears I heard. Before you know it they'll be walking down the aisle. (Ha!)

I wish I could wear a uniform every day. No deciding what to wear....

Georgia said...

Jen- they looks so cute! This will be a great experience for them and you couldn't ask for a better place for them to be in school. I too love the uniforms! Their personalities are so funny. My Mom always talks about Tricia and I and how differently we approached kindergarten and then how differently we approached labor with our kids. Those personalities are so defined even at this point.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....I wonder who Alethea takes after??? I may be biased but they are the cutest girls ever!!!

Eric Hand said...

The girls look so cute in their uniforms! No plaid, though?! Wow, uniforms have really improved through the years!

Love and Miss you all!

Jenny and Eric