September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Alethea!

Alethea turned seven today! I cannot believe it. We are having a weekend full of celebrations. This morning before school, she woke up to cinnamon roles and a few gifts. At the end of her school day, Dave and I went to her class with a special treat. We brought Krispy Kreme donuts at her request. It was so fun. They all had made cards for her and sang Happy Birthday. She had wanted to take donut orders for everyone, but when we said that would be too difficult she settled for sprinkled donuts for all. Tonight we went out to dinner with my parents and sister, and then back to our house for cake and gifts. Tomorrow we will get together with Dave's family for a crab feast.

5 comments:

Lisa @ Eat.Pray.Run. said...

Hope you all are enjoying a great birthday weekend!! I love celebrating the kids birthdays. They're so much more fun than adult birthdays ( : Jen--thanks for the first blog comment!! I was very excited to get it. Miss you all too!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Alethea!! The girls thought of you on your birthday on Friday....can't wait to wish you a happy birthday in person!!

The Murphys said...

She can't be seven already!

Happy birthday, Alethea. You're a sweetheart and we love you!

Georgia said...

Wow- Happy Birthday Alethea! I can't believe she is 7! I still remember your trip to Harrisonburg before you were pregnant- so long ago! Sounds like you had a fun day and a fun weekend!

Jean said...

Happy belated birthday, leth!

Jen you're the greatest - I owe you 2 pieces of gum. :)