January 11, 2009

Holidays

We had a great time over the holidays. The girls were home for two whole weeks from school. It was so fun. Dave was able to stay home quite a bit too, so we had lots of great family time! The week before Christmas was filled with lots of fun stuff at school. Mikaela's class made gingerbread houses, the elementary school put on a Christmas concert during chapel one day, and they both had fun parties on the last day before vacation.



Unfortunately I don't have any good pictures of Alethea during the concert. I also realized I hardly took any the whole month, but here are a few cute ones that I do have.

Alethea lost another tooth. This time it was on the bottom and it was at school!

This is one of Caleb's favorite Christmas gifts. A head lamp from the Mays'. He wears this all the time!

This is just a cute one. It's so great that Alethea can read. They all just snuggled up to her to read a book. I love it!

So now we're just back into the swing of things. The girls went back to school last week. They did much better adjusting than I thought they would. Sarah continues to be doing really well. We are continuing to reduce her steroid dose, which is so great. I feel like I'm seeing much more of her personality. She is such a two year old. Her speech really seems to be coming along. She is putting many more words together. With all the new words she is trying she refuses to say yes.

5 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

It took Bella forever to say yes, too. For the longest time, she would shake her head yes while saying "no". So, we'd always have to look at her to tell what she really wanted. :)

LA really wants to get the boys head lamps...has forever. Is the one Caleb has one you'd recommend. If so, what brand/kind is it?

A's said...

Funny, I was just thinking of buying a head lamp for my son today! They're on sale here for only $4.97 + free shipping:
http://www.shop4tech.com/item8013.html_r33

:)

A's said...

Here's the discount code for 15% off: JJ15

Okay, sorry to fill your comments page with deals. I am addicted to dealnews.com :).

Georgia said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun time together! I love to hear that Sarah is doing well and easing off the steroid! Ellie is still talking about your family- we haven't been back down to Disney but I think she will miss them when we are there!

Anonymous said...

Rejoicing to hear Sarah has been doing well coming off the steroids.
Praying for fresh mercies every day for both you and Dave as you care for your precious family.
Have a wonderful time in New York!
Cindy M