January 14, 2009

Horse Race

Yesterday Caleb informed me that he had a race he needed to go to. So, he got dressed in his running shorts and shoes with his golf shirt. It was so cold that he decided he also needed his Terps sweatshirt. Usually the "races" he has to go to are running races. Well, he informed me yesterday that this was a horse race, not a running race, and that it was in New York and I needed to drive him there. (We are taking the three older kids to NY for a night this weekend. I think he's excited!) He was all excited until we were "ready to go". He was not buying the "pretend" car I was providing him. He really wanted me to drive him around in the van. Silly boy! After a few tears I convinced him to show Sarah how to ride the horse.

3 comments:

Georgia said...

So funny- Ellie freaked out the other day because she said she was going to drive herself to school. We played along, tried to set up a pretend car, etc. When we actually left to go to preschool- she had a melt down over driving. She truly believed she could drive the van herself. Scary!!!

Anonymous said...

The big question is......why did you let him where those dark, long socks with his "running pants?" ha! That boy cracks me up!

Briana Almengor said...

Fun family times. YOu'll be so glad you have recorded these little everyday things. Have a wonderful time in NY. What's the occasion/itinerary?