February 21, 2007

Apple Juice

Here is an entry that Dave put on his blog for the youth. I thought it was so funny I just copied it here....

Last night, as I was putting my two oldest girls down for bed, I was telling them of the story of Jesus and the Samaritan woman at the well. In understanding some of the significance of this story, you have to know that Samaritans and Jews didn't like each other too much. I went on to explain in detail the point of the story in how Jesus offered the woman a water that would cause her to never thirst again…namely himself.

I asked my girls to recount the story back to me to see if they got the main points, and my 5 yr old pretty much understood it all. Then my three yr old Mikaela got this really excited look on her face when explaining to me to main point of the story.

She said, "Jesus is SOOOO powerful that he can turn apples into Jews. AND he can turn Jews back into apples!"

I was laughing pretty hard as I realized the whole time she thought I was saying that Samaritans really didn't like JUICE. Obviously, she missed some of the main points of the story!

2 comments:

Joe Lee said...

I love it.

Jim & Tessa Winn said...

Jen, I came across your blog through Jean Mays' and I must say that is one the the cutest stories ever! Thanks for making me laugh ;)