February 13, 2007

Broken door




Yesterday Alethea and Dave got locked in the bathroom. We live in a very old house and so the parts of the house are old as well. Well, the story goes, that as they were trying to get out the door knob came off the door. Not all the way, but enough that it was not usable. I was vacuuming so of course did not hear their calls for help. Mikaela finally comes to me and says that Alethea and Dad are stuck in the bathroom. I go to check it out, and find the door knob just hanging there. I, being the mature person that I am, think this is hysterical. Why, I don't know. My first thought is, "Quick, get the camera. This will make a great post on the blog". So, off I go, leaving them still stranded. Dave, then hears the clicking of the camera. "Are you serious?", he asks. Next, he asks me to get a screwdriver. Before I get a chance, Mikaela says she will get it. I think she's going to the drawer where she knows Dave keeps an extra screwdriver. Well, not quite. She comes back with Calebs' home depot kid tool box. Adorable! Of course, I think this is even more funny, so, more pictures. Well, the screwdriver won't fit under the door for me to pass it to Dave, so he asks me to got outside to give it to him through the window. Sweet, more pictures! Needless to say, I thought this whole experience was hilarious. Dave and Alethea were just happy to get out of the bathroom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you hear me? I'm laughing loudly. That is so classic.

Jessica said...

Very funny! I would have done exactly the same thing!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!! I just wish that I was there to witness it all!

Anonymous said...

that is absolutely hilarious! i wonder if this will turn up in one of dave's messages sometime soon... =)

The Murphys said...

i think i would have waited for a bribe of some sort...