August 23, 2007

Nosy Boy


Last night we were having popcorn and Orioles night in my bed. We had just gotten finished and I went to the kitchen to put the dishes away. Caleb comes walking down the hall with his finger in his nose saying "popcorn" "nose". Dread falls over me. I say "Caleb, is there popcorn in your nose?" The response, "yes". I look, and sure enough, there's a popcorn kernel lodged in his nose. What do I do? I think we've only had something in the nose one other time over the last six years. Of course, Dave is not home. My first thought is, great, I'm going to the emergency room with all four kids tonight. My next thought is how do I even begin to get this out of his nose without pushing it up farther. (those of you with boys are probably thinking, get used to it) Tweezers, toothpick, barrett? I try a few of those things, but I know it's a bad idea to stick another foreign object in his nose. I was desperate. I begin to pray. The girls begin to laugh. I'm thinking this is really not funny. The ending...thank the Lord... I was able to push the kernel out of his nose from the outside. Never a dull moment.

2 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

I'm waiting and dreading the time this happens here. I caught one of my boys with a tiny piece of chalk in his ear the other day. He was mimicking mommy who talks on her "blue tooth" and allows the boys to occasionally talk to their Papi on it, too. I made a BIG deal about not sticking anything in their ears or noses EVER, EVER, EVER! Glad you were able to avoid the ER!!

tessa said...

Nice! Orioles night ;) Who knew fishing popcorn out of you boy's nose has its way of displaying the power of prayer :) Funny story.