June 20, 2009

Living your childhood through your kids

Its pretty funny how that works, how your kids end up liking and doing the same things that you did when you were little. Its probably because we buy them things (and do things) that we loved so much when we were kids. I think I like some of these things more than my own kids do!

Here's a couple examples:

Caleb's love for baseball and for the O's! I must admit, I've trained him hard in this. Notice the jacket in this picture? It was mine when I was his age. My mom kept it all these years, and now I've passed it on to him.



Big wheels! Man, our neighborhood big wheel crew terrorized our street with big wheels. My mom got one for Caleb, and he loves it. Brings back tons of memories for me.








The girls just finished up another year of soccer. They did really great and loved it. Their team color was orange, which reminded me of when I played, because my team color for "Kings Contrivance" was always purple. Its funny the things I remember, like my team color, and all the practices with Mr. Holmes and Mr. Pollock at Atholton ES.
There are lots of other childhood things we've passed on to our kids...matchbox cars and tracks, peanut butter play dough...

Sarah update:
Sarah recently finished up a new protocol for a drug called Rituximab (as Jen mentioned in an earlier post) and is now back to receiving IVIG. This is the drug that helps her movement the best. She still shakes a lot, but is a fighter in every sense of the word. She hasn't ever let her muscle tremors stop her from doing anything she wants!

She is starting to talk a little bit more too. The muscle disorder effects her speech a bit. She is putting 3-4-5 word sentences together, which is really cool to watch develop!

Jen continues to be an amazing mom to Sarah and the other kids. Sarah needs oversight and watching pretty much 24/7...which makes it pretty hard to do stuff during the day. But, somehow, she makes it all work and manages to go on walks, go to the pool, go strawberry picking, etc...
No wonder Jen wants to go to bed at 8pm every night!

No comments: