March 18, 2008

The Chemo Journey Begins



I took Sarah to her weekly clinic visit today. The big news is that her first round of chemo will start this week. Without giving you all the long details (half of which I hardly understand), this first round will consist of treatment Thursday, Friday, and Tuesday. They told me to plan on being there all day for all three days. Wow!! If you would be so kind to pray for us on those days. All day, in one spot, with an 18 month old has potential to be challenging. They said she would be given some benadryl to help on the first day. I asked if they could give a little extra to make sure she fell asleep. (just kidding...sort of) Please pray that the side effects of all the drugs will be minimal.


Thank you for your prayers. I know we've said it before, but we really do fell carried by them. There will never be a way that we will be able to thank all of you that have so graciously served us in this season. Those that have prayed, been with us at the hospital, organized meals, fixed meals, given gift cards, money for gas and parking, sent gifts, provided child care, phone calls.....thank you. I would love to write a thank you note to everyone of you. It is really hard for me to not be able to do this, but in this season, as my friends have reminded me, that is just not a reality. So this thank you will be a start. Dave and I will never tire of thanking you for all you have done for us. One more thank you to my husband. He loves his little girl so much. He and the other three kids went out the other day and bought some materials to create a safe place for Sarah to play. Now she can try to sit up, crawl, and pull herself up without the risk of getting hurt. She loves it! Even though she cannot do all these things the way she used to, she defintely loves trying. The doctor said today that this will be a great way to help her get better. Thanks babe for loving your little girl and taking the time to do this.

Keep an eye out over the next few days when Dave will be informing you of an upcoming special event. Just mark your calendars for March 31st.

8 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

I will be at Hopkins this Friday with Judah. I may have help, and if so, I'll see about seeing you. I'll give you a call, though, to see how things are going. Either way, you all will continue to be in our prayers.

Oak Abbey said...

Our prayers continue for Sarah and all who love her. With love and hope...
The Mohrs

Goodnight, Mom said...

I will keep Sarah in my prayers. I can't imagine having to go through that with my daughter, Eva, but I know that she will be strong.

Kristi

David said...

Dave and Jen

We can't be with you in person but rest assured that Nancy and I are with you in thoughts and prayers every day!

Uncle David, and Nancy

cnfidelis said...

thanks so much for keeping us posted thru your blog. I am sure that it is the last thing you want to do some times but we are so grateful to stay updated and know how to pray.

Praying for you all,
The Nam Fam

Anonymous said...

We are thinking about you today as you begin this new journey. I wish we could be there to help or come sit with you during your long days- but, we'll be with you in spirit and praying for Sarah and you! Thanks for keeping us up to date! Good luck today!
Love- Georgia, Mason and Ellie

Kelly C said...

we continue to keep you all in prayer...

megan haughery said...

Friend ---
Wish I could be doing more to help you during this season... but know I'm praying for and thinking of you guys often!
megan