March 21, 2008

Strength

Deuteronomy 33
....and as your days, so shall your strength be....the eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms.

As I prepare for another long day, this time by myself, I am trusting in the strength that I know God will provide. So grateful that Dave was able to go with me yesterday. It's so nice to have him with me for the "firsts".

Just wanted to clarify a the treatment schedule for everyone. We're new at this, so I feel like we are stumbling our way through this. The drug that Sarah got yesterday and will get again today, is called IVIG. It is not chemo. I can't tell exactly what it does without looking it up, but what I do know is that half of the drugs she is getting are used to help counteract all the bad stuff from other drugs, or from bad stuff her body is doing to itself. After today, we have the weekend off, because our doctor knew that trying to get to church on Sunday was important to us. Monday, we start steroids, and a few other drugs from home. Those will be everyday. Tuesday we will start chemo, and Friday, and for the next three Fridays after that, we will give her a drug call Rituximab, all which have to be done from the clinic. So we went from the once a month idea I had in my mind to a very full schedule. All the days at the clinic are basically 8 hour days. So, if you would pray for Sarah and I at the clinic we would be grateful. Also, would you pray for the other kids and the wonderful people that have so graciously offered to watch them for entire days. It is humbling that someone would take in another three kids for an entire day. We are grateful.

6 comments:

Oak Abbey said...

You have our prayers Jen. Sarah's blessed to have such a strong and loving mother. Hoping all goes well today.
The Mohrs

eva said...

Praying for you all!
Love,
the campbells

Anonymous said...

Dave and Jen - our prayer are with you all!
Felix an Linda Horensavitz

becca said...

we continue to lift you guys up in prayer!
becca

Goodnight, Mom said...

We continue our prayers for Sarah.

Your new friends in Dallas,
The Bernsteins

Anonymous said...

Dear Dave and Jen,

I am very familiar with these treatments. Jamie, our family and I continue to lift you and your family up in our prayers. I pray that you will experience God's grace, peace and strength each day. Continuing to pray that God would protect Sarah Faith from the side effects of these medications and bring complete healing to her little body. Please know you are in our thoughts and our prayers.

Cindy Leach